When you think of going green, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? A tree, right? If you're trying to go green in your home environment , then these 10 simple eco-friendly tips will help you achieve this.
1. Use cloth bags instead of plastic for carrying groceries
Plastic grocery bags are an eyesore and can be avoided by using cloth or re-usable bags instead when shopping with your family. Not only does it save on costs but also gives a sense of achievement when living with nature's gifts.
2. Recycle paper goods
Cardboard boxes, newspapers, magazines and even white paper should be recycled rather than thrown into garbage bins . Most recycling facilities will turn these paper goods into eco-friendly products.
3. Switch off lights when not in use
Your mom or dad would have surely told you this, right? It's good practice to switch off the lights every time you leave a room and save on power bills at the same time. Henceforth, it's better if you can install sensors that will turn on/off lighting based on whether there is an occupant in the room or someone has walked out of it.
4. Give feed water to plants from your kitchen tap
Watering plants with re-usable water instead of giving them ready tap water saves gallons of clean drinking water for our next use . Also, one can avoid polluting natural resources by recycling used water for other purposes.
5. Unplug electronics when not in use
This is a great way to conserve energy and save on your electricity bills. Appliances that are plugged-in but not in use still draw a small amount of power so unplug them when you're not using them for an extended period of time.
6. Buy eco-friendly products
When possible, try to buy eco-friendly products that have been made from recycled or sustainable materials . This could be anything from furniture to clothing and can make a small, but significant difference over time.
7. Sort your trash correctly
Remember the three Rs: reduce, reuse and recycle? If you want to go green, it's important to sort your trash correctly so that waste can be reduced, reused and recycled. This will help reduce the amount of garbage that is sent to landfills every year.
8. Plant a tree
A tree is the perfect way to go green and improve air quality at the same time. If you have space in your yard, consider planting a few trees and make sure to take care of them so they can grow into healthy adults.
9. Take public transportation or cycle instead of driving
If you can, try to use public transportation or bicycles for short-distance travel instead of taking your car . Not only does this help conserve fuel but it's also great for your health!
10. Avoid using harsh chemicals
Many harsh chemicals such as bleach and ammonia are harmful to the environment and should be avoided if possible. There are many eco-friendly alternatives available in the market that work just as well, without harming our planet.
Going green doesn't have to be difficult - try implementing some of these eco-friendly tips into your everyday life and you'll be surprised at how easy it is! And who knows, maybe you'll even enjoy it. :)Looking for more eco-friendly tips? Check out this article for more reasons why you should consider using eco-friendly products.
- Bamboo Baby Wipes | Natural Bamboo Fiber - 75 | Eco Palz
- Organic Baby Wipes | Natural Bamboo Fiber | Eco Palz
- Organic Baby Powder | Talc Free Sprinkle | Eco Palz
- Organic Baby Cream | Bum & Body Balm | Eco Palz
- Eco Friendly Baby Products | Organic Shampoo Wash | Eco Palz
- Muslin Swaddle Set for Baby | Organic | Eco Palz
- Natural Diaper Rash Cream | Organic Prevention Set| Eco Palz
- Chamomile Tea for Babies | 3 Natural Organic Teas | Eco Palz
- Baby Eco Friendly Products | Organic Care Set | Eco Palz
- Chamomile Tea for Babies | Natural and Organic | Eco Palz
- Organic Baby Oil | Fragrance Free | Eco Palz
- Natural Diaper Rash Cream | Organic for Baby | Eco Palz
- Cotton Blankets for Baby | Blue and Glacier Grey | Eco Palz
- Organic Muslin Swaddle | Ocean Stripe Baby | Eco Palz
- Bamboo Swaddle Blanket | Water Lily | Eco Palz
Hydro Flask vs. Yeti: Which One is the Best Reusable Water Bottle?Jun 23, 2022
Recyclable Wrapping Paper: How to Save Money and the EnvironmentJun 15, 2022
10 Reasons to Switch to Green, Eco-Friendly Cleaning ProductsJun 8, 2022
Best Vegan Purses: Eco-Friendly and FashionableMay 27, 2022
Trying To Select The Best Toilet Paper In The World For Your Family?May 16, 2022
Sustainably Stylish: Ethically Made By Sustainable JewelersMay 11, 2022
Why Wooden Toys Are Better Than PlasticApr 19, 2022
8 Environmental Protection Facts That Will Blow Your MindApr 13, 2022
Clean Air Home Without Allergies: How To Remove Dust and AllergensApr 1, 2022
How to Recycle Water: Everything You Need to KnowApr 1, 2022