As An Affiliate Eco Palz May Earn a Small Commission On Some Purchases
What Can I Use Instead Of Regular Paper Towels?
If you are looking for an easy way to reduce your environmental impact, switching to reusable paper towels is a great place to start! Not only do reusable kitchen paper help reduce waste, but they also save you money in the long run.
In this blog post, we will discuss the many benefits of using washable paper towels instead of regular paper towels. We will also take a look at how zero waste kitchen papers are made and why they are a great choice for eco-conscious consumers.
Table of Contents
- What Are Reusable Paper Towels?
- Different Kinds Of Reusable Paper Towels
- Why Should You Switch From Traditional Paper Towels To Reusable Paper Towels?
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Washable Paper Towels Compared To Regular Paper Towels?
- An Introduction To Bamboo Paper Towels Or Tree Free Paper Towels:
- What Are The Environmental Benefits Of Reusable Paper Towels?
- Clean Tough Messes While Reducing Your Carbon Footprint
- Below Is A List Of Recommendations For Different Types Of The Best Reusable Paper Towels
- Best Cotton: Marley's Monsters Rolled Unpaper Towels
- Best Bamboo: Eco Nuts Reusable Towels
- Best Design: Lola Products Wowables Reusable and Biodegradable Paper Towels
- Best Organic: Mioeco Reusable Unpaper Towels
- Best Budget: Scotch-Brite Reusable Wipes
- Ever Green Cloth
- If You Care
- Seventh Generation
- The Bottom Line
What Are Reusable Paper Towels?
Many reusable towels are often made using bamboo and other more environmentally efficient substitutes, making switching to recyclable kitchen towels easier. Unlike regular paper or dish towels, bamboo reusable paper towels are highly resilient, most compostable, and biodegradable. You can reuse the same product every day and wash it off between the uses.
Different Kinds Of Reusable Paper Towels
If you look at “recyclable towels” you'll see many different alternatives. This short breakdown will give you some direction as to which kind will work for your family. Reusable kitchen papers come in all shapes and sizes, making it easy to find the perfect option for your needs.
There are several different types of reusable paper towels available on the market, including:
- Zero waste paper towel rolls:
These eco-friendly kitchen papers are made from sustainably sourced materials and can be composted or recycled after use.
- Washable paper towel sheets:
These towels are made from 100% recycled materials and can be washed and reused up to 25 times.
- Reusable kitchen towels:
Made of durable fabric, these towels can be used for a variety of tasks in the kitchen, such as drying dishes or wiping down counters.
Why Should You Switch From Traditional Paper Towels To Reusable Paper Towels?
There are many reasons why you should switch to reusable paper towels, including:
- Reusable paper towels help reduce waste: According to the EPA, Americans use more than 27 billion disposable paper towels each year. By switching to reusable kitchen papers, you can help reduce this amount of waste.
- Reusable paper towels are more sustainable: Traditional paper towels are made from virgin fiber, which requires large amounts of energy and water to produce. By using reusable kitchen papers, you can help reduce the number of resources used in manufacturing disposable products since fewer raw materials are used.
- Reusable paper towels save money: Disposable paper towels are expensive and can add up over time. Reusable paper towels are a more cost-effective option in the long run.
- Reusable paper towels are better for the environment: Disposable paper towels create pollution and generate greenhouse gas emissions when they are disposed of in landfills. Reusable paper towels help reduce this environmental impact.
Bamboo is a great choice for zero waste kitchen papers because:
- it is an easily renewable resource
- Bamboo grows quickly
- It does not require the use of pesticides or herbicides
- It is also biodegradable, meaning it will break down naturally in the environment
When you are ready to switch to reusable paper towels, be sure to choose a product that is made from sustainable materials like bamboo. Zero waste bamboo paper towel is a great choice for eco-conscious consumers.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Washable Paper Towels Compared To Regular Paper Towels?
Washable paper towel is a great alternative to traditional disposable paper towels.
- They are made from 100% recycled materials
- It can be washed and reused up to 25 times. This makes them a more sustainable option than traditional kitchen papers
- In addition, washable paper towel save money in the long run since you don't have to keep buying new rolls of paper towel
- Finally, washable kitchen papers are better for the environment since they generate less pollution and greenhouse gas emissions than disposable paper towels
If you are looking for a more sustainable option for your paper towel needs, washable paper towels are another great choice.
An Introduction To Bamboo Paper Towels Or Tree Free Paper Towels:
You may be wondering what all the fuss is about paper towels. After all, they seem like a pretty innocuous item- nothing more than a tool to help clean up messes. But when you take a closer look at their environmental impact, it's clear that disposable kitchen papers are anything but benign.
In fact, the production of paper towel takes a significant toll on the environment. Paper towels are made from trees, which require large amounts of water and energy to grow. In addition, the manufacturing process for paper towel generates pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
When you use disposable paper towels, you are contributing to this environmental damage.
But...there is another option- tree-free paper towels. These bamboo paper towels are made from sustainable materials like bamboo, which grows quickly and does not require the use of pesticides or herbicides. Bamboo is also biodegradable, meaning it will break down naturally in the environment.
When you choose these paper towels, you are helping to reduce the environmental damage caused by disposable products. In addition, these paper towels are a more sustainable and cost-effective option in the long run.
What Are The Environmental Benefits Of Reusable Paper Towels?
Reduced disposable paper towels can reduce toxicity to the earth. These small differences are small things. When the trash sits in the landfill, the gases released from it emit methane, which absorbs the same amount as carbon dioxide.
Any action taken to reduce home waste will reduce our personal emissions and thus contribute to slightly less energy consumption. According to the U.S., Environmental Protection Agency paper is the highest-value product in America, which makes them a very good area to tackle first. Reusable paper towel alternatives can be made out of cellulose fibers like bamboo.
Most recycled paper towels are better if recycled paper is used instead of brand new paper. If it was unbleached it would also make the paper towel compostable too. Paper towels should be used for recycling, as each ton of recycled paper is expected to save 7,000 gallons of water, according to a report by Green Seal, a nonprofit that certifies sustainability standards.
Clean Tough Messes While Reducing Your Carbon Footprint
Eco conscious living is more than just a mentality. A great place to start if a person is looking for a greener lifestyle is in the kitchen. When the environment is near where the cooking of a food product happens, it becomes easier to establish healthy lifestyle practices.
Reusable paper towel is an excellent way to clean up tough messes while reducing your carbon footprint. Made from sustainable materials like bamboo, these paper towels are a more sustainable and cost-effective option in the long run. Plus, they’re just as effective at cleaning up messes as regular dish towels!
Below Is A List Of Recommendations For Different Types Of The Best Reusable Paper Towels
Best Cotton: Marley's Monsters Rolled Unpaper Towels
Made in Oregon, quality is infused into each stack of reusable towels produced from this family company. It has been certified as 'never waste' as an environmentally conscious business and committed to “commercial compostation”.
All of their products are made with 100% post-consumer recycled fiber and/or certified organic cotton. The cotton is unbleached and undyed. One roll of Marley's Monsters reusable eco-friendly paper towels contains the equivalent of 60 sheets of conventional paper towels.
But it's not just eco-friendly fabrics that are so popular. A variety of color schemes elevate a kitchen's decorative scheme. Ensure the edges remain clean during repeated uses by trimming edges and locking them to avoid fraying. The brand also explains that absorbency will improve after a couple of washings.
Best Bamboo: Eco Nuts Reusable Towels
These towels are extremely versatile and can be used in your garage, house, or store. They're incredibly robust for tough work.
The 25 wipes are 100 percent made up of organic rayon bamboo fibers which produce individually thick sheeting for cleaning just about anything. Apparently, these can be used as pads for stick mops as well.
A portion of the purchases is donated to the panda conservation effort, making them a simple way to increase their environmental impact.
Best Design: Lola Products Wowables Reusable and Biodegradable Paper Towels
Longevity is Wowable’s “Wow” factor. The life of the 30-count rolls averages is two years in addition to fitting standard towels holders, making storage easier if swapping them into traditional cloth towels.
This durable cotton cloth is made of unwashed cotton and allows use in washing machines and drying machines. All the colors are colored with natural inks and are ideal for indoor and outdoor surfaces, flooring, and window treatments.
Best Organic: Mioeco Reusable Unpaper Towels
This reusable paper towel is manufactured in a carbon-neutral fashion and is machine washable without dyes/bleaching. Additional favorites of repeat customers include that they are able to easily sanitize and clean appliances with ease by eliminating hard stains and grease.
These Bleach-free washable, reusable paper towels are perfect for you. For years to come, you can use a tree-free alternative to paper towels that is both eco-friendly and zero-waste! Unlike regular paper towels, MioEco biodegradable paper towels absorb spills and messes far better. . . The best part? You may simply wash them and reuse them.
Best Budget: Scotch-Brite Reusable Wipes
- Not compostable
- Repeat customers especially enjoy lightweight designs and absorbing the resulting large spill from kitchen sinks, bathrooms, or craft rooms.
Ever Green Cloth
These cloths are a multi-purpose, long-lasting alternative to paper towels. They are versatile cleaning tools that may be used on a variety of surfaces, including wood, glass, metal, aluminum, and any other type of countertop. They can also be used to clean dishes and pet paws.
They can hold up to 20 times their weight and are great for cleaning almost everything! These cloths are made of natural cellulose (70%) & cotton (30%)
If You Care paper towels are made of unbleached totally chlorine-free (TCF) paper. They are also compostable and biodegradable, breaking down in about 14 weeks in a commercial composting facility. If you don't have access to a commercial composter, they will degrade in your backyard compost as well. They work just like conventional paper towels but are much better for the environment.
The company claims that the Seventh Generation Paper Towels are constructed of 100% recycled paper (50% post-consumer content, 50% pre-consumer material).
- Paper towels aren't bleached with chlorine
- The paper towels are made entirely of recycled paper
- The recycled paper must be at least 50% post-consumer
- Non-dyed, fragrance-free, and colorless paper towels
The Bottom Line
Switching to reusable paper towels —often made of cotton cellulose or bamboo—are a learning curve, but they become increasingly available as time goes on.
The most absorbent ones come at a higher price, but their lifespan is much greater. It can be frustrating to switch from disposable paper towels to reusable ones, especially when you have a lot of guests in your home; however, it's the best decision for both you and the environment in the long run!
Many people are unaware that you can buy reusable paper towels instead of regular dish towels. They are made of different materials like organic bamboo, cotton cellulose, and unbleached cotton. Some people worry about the absorbency of reusable paper towels, but don't worry - they can absorb up to 20 times their own weight! You may also be wondering how easy they are to clean - most can go in the washing machine and dryer without any problems.
If you're looking to switch to reusable paper towels, there are many companies that sell them. You can find them made of different materials, so it's important to find one that fits your needs. They are more expensive than disposable paper towels, but they last much longer.
Do you use reusable paper towels? What brand do you like? Let us know in the comments below! Thanks for reading!
There are a variety of reasons why you should switch to reusable paper towels. They can be made out of organic materials, they are compostable, they last longer than disposable paper towels, and they come in many different colors and designs. You can also buy them in bulk packs to save money. So go ahead and make the switch today!
- Compostable Forks | Wooden Organic Disposable | Eco Palz
- Compostable Cutlery | Organic Wooden Knives | Eco Palz
- Disposable Eco Friendly Plates | Organic Palm Leaf| Eco Palz
- Compostable Plates | Organic Palm Leaf 10 Inch | Eco Palz
- Biodegradable Dog Bags | Leak Proof Waste Bags | Eco Palz
- Biodegradable Sponge Scourer for Cleaning | Eco Palz
- Non Toxic Dish Soap | EcoDaisy (Bundle of 4) | Eco Palz
- Wheat Drinking Straws | Natural Organic Straws | Eco Palz
- Natural Straws | Eco-Friendly Bio-Straw | Eco Palz
- Natural Straws | Organic Coconut Palm Leaf | Eco Palz
- Custom Stainless Steel Tumblers | Premium 17.9oz | Eco Palz
- Personalized Stainless Steel Water Bottle 17.9oz | Eco Palz
- Double Insulated Water Bottle | Premium 17.9oz | Eco Palz
- Non Toxic Water Bottles | Premium Insulated | Eco Palz
- Lemon Essential Oil 15ml
Hydro Flask vs. Yeti: Which One is the Best Reusable Water Bottle?Jun 23, 2022
Recyclable Wrapping Paper: How to Save Money and the EnvironmentJun 15, 2022
10 Reasons to Switch to Green, Eco-Friendly Cleaning ProductsJun 8, 2022
Best Vegan Purses: Eco-Friendly and FashionableMay 27, 2022
Trying To Select The Best Toilet Paper In The World For Your Family?May 16, 2022
Sustainably Stylish: Ethically Made By Sustainable JewelersMay 11, 2022
Why Wooden Toys Are Better Than PlasticApr 19, 2022
8 Environmental Protection Facts That Will Blow Your MindApr 13, 2022
Clean Air Home Without Allergies: How To Remove Dust and AllergensApr 1, 2022
How to Recycle Water: Everything You Need to KnowApr 1, 2022