Plastic is extremely harmful to humans and we need to do something about it! There are so many different types of plastic that run through our lives from water bottles, food storage containers, toys...the list goes on. Although there have been lots of amazing inventions with plastics, there's a lot more harm than good being done by them too.
I don't know about you, but the idea of having all this plastic in my life is really bothering me. I mean, it's everywhere! There are so many different kinds of plastics that I was curious to find out just what they were and how bad they actually were for us humans.
There are three types of plastic - polyethylene terephthalate (PET), high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and low-density polyethylene (LDPE). It turns out that there are a lot more dangerous types than we realized! For example, did you know that some baby bottles can release toxins into your child's milk? Yikes! That's definitely not something I want happening every time my little one eats or drinks anything.
And those disposable water bottles? Well, if you left them sitting in the sun for too long then chemicals from the bottle could leach into your drink. Whenever you drink bottled water, the PET in the bottle will release antimony trioxide into your body.
Did you know that the average American uses over 300 pounds of plastic each year? That's a lot of plastic! Plastic is everywhere, and it can be very bad for your health.
When recycling centers get full, all those plastics end up going straight into landfills where they can take hundreds or thousands years to decompose.
It can affect your hormones, cause cancer and even obesity. The best way to avoid this is to reduce the amount of plastic you use in your daily life while still finding ways to enjoy yourself!
Stainless steel water bottles and tumblers have become a popular choice for many people. They are not only better for the environment but also provide a healthier option to plastic that can leach chemicals into your drinks. If you're using plastic, it's time to switch out those old containers with some stainless steel options today!
Is there anything in particular about these types of water bottles or tumblers that is important? Let us know below in the comments section!
- Bamboo Baby Wipes | Natural Bamboo Fiber - 75 | Eco Palz
- Organic Baby Wipes | Natural Bamboo Fiber | Eco Palz
- Organic Baby Powder | Talc Free Sprinkle | Eco Palz
- Organic Baby Cream | Bum & Body Balm | Eco Palz
- Eco Friendly Baby Products | Organic Shampoo Wash | Eco Palz
- Muslin Swaddle Set for Baby | Organic | Eco Palz
- Natural Diaper Rash Cream | Organic Prevention Set| Eco Palz
- Chamomile Tea for Babies | 3 Natural Organic Teas | Eco Palz
- Baby Eco Friendly Products | Organic Care Set | Eco Palz
- Chamomile Tea for Babies | Natural and Organic | Eco Palz
- Organic Baby Oil | Fragrance Free | Eco Palz
- Natural Diaper Rash Cream | Organic for Baby | Eco Palz
- Cotton Blankets for Baby | Blue and Glacier Grey | Eco Palz
- Organic Muslin Swaddle | Ocean Stripe Baby | Eco Palz
- Bamboo Swaddle Blanket | Water Lily | Eco Palz
Hydro Flask vs. Yeti: Which One is the Best Reusable Water Bottle?Jun 23, 2022
Recyclable Wrapping Paper: How to Save Money and the EnvironmentJun 15, 2022
10 Reasons to Switch to Green, Eco-Friendly Cleaning ProductsJun 8, 2022
Best Vegan Purses: Eco-Friendly and FashionableMay 27, 2022
Trying To Select The Best Toilet Paper In The World For Your Family?May 16, 2022
Sustainably Stylish: Ethically Made By Sustainable JewelersMay 11, 2022
Why Wooden Toys Are Better Than PlasticApr 19, 2022
8 Environmental Protection Facts That Will Blow Your MindApr 13, 2022
Clean Air Home Without Allergies: How To Remove Dust and AllergensApr 1, 2022
How to Recycle Water: Everything You Need to KnowApr 1, 2022